Dreaming of A Colorful Future has received it’s first Liebster award from fellow blogger Sweden and The Middle East! Thank you so much for nominating me, and I am honored and pleasantly surprised that my blog is receiving such positive feedback so early in the game. I could not have asked for a warmer welcome. Blogger awards are a great way to learn more about your fellow bloggers, and find new blogs that you might not otherwise, so I knew I had to participate. I’m happy to pass on the nomination to other “up and coming” bloggers. There is much love to be found in this crazy world.
Here is what the award is about:
Liebster Awards go to “up and coming” bloggers with less than 200 followers. The origins of this award are unclear and are simply given by fellow award nominees to blogs that inspire them and that they enjoy reading. “Liebster” means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome in German.
When you get a Liebster Award nomination, you can choose to accept it by doing these things:
- Thank the person who nominated you and include a link back to their blog.
- List 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions given to you.
- Create 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate, or you can also re-post your questions.
- Choose 11 bloggers with 200 or less followers to nominate, and include links to their blogs.
- Go to each bloggers page and let them know you have nominated them.
11 Facts About Myself:
1. I have been blogging for less than a week when nominated for this award.
2. I am a college student for the third time, because I can’t seem to stay in one place long enough to finish my degree.
3. I have lived in five different states, from city neighborhoods to the country.
4. I am working towards a Major in Psychology and a Minor in African-American Studies
5. I am a mother of two children, and I am in an interracial relationship.
6. I am a nature lover, and feel most at home in the woods or by the sea.
7. I have a cat allergy, but I have two cats of my own, and two strays that have adopted my yard. I must have a large mouse population to feed their bellies, because I have not encouraged them to stay.
8. I love art, literature, and music, and I feel that we need music and the arts to fill our souls.
9. I love cooking, and I have a recipe addiction.
10. I am awaiting DNA test results to find out the percentages of my racial background.
11. I have the Django Unchained movie sitting by my television set, and I am afraid to watch it.
1. What musical artist are you listening to these days?
2. If you could be any animal, what would you be? Why?
A mama bear, because nobody messes with a mama bear!
3. What do you say when your (or someone else’s) kid asks you why the sky is blue?
Lets go Google that information, and find out.
4. Favorite Food?
I love fresh whole foods and home cooking.
5. If $$ were no object, where would you travel on your next vacation?
If money were no object I wouldn’t be able to just pick one place: Indonesia, Greece, India, Ghana, Jamaica, any where in the Caribbean, Hawaii, any Spanish speaking country. I could go on and on, because we live in a big beautiful world, and I would love to explore it.
6. How do you like your eggs?
Over medium eggs wrapped in corn tortillas with homemade salsa.
7. Favorite Reality TV Show?
I don’t watch television, but I do love movies and documentaries. My life is a reality show, I am in an interracial relationship, and I have a child with severe ADHD; I just got a phone call five minutes ago that he just threw a chair in school, so it doesn’t get more real than that.
8. What was your very first job?
I was a maid for a three star hotel.
9. What book is on your nightstand right now?
Black Boy by Richard Wright.
10. What’s your guilty pleasure?
Searching the internet for new information, and recipes.
11. At what age is your earliest memory?
I was in the crib, but I am not sure how old I was. I was crying, and my grandfather threatened to give me something to cry about.
Blogs I am nominating: I was only able to nominate 5 blogs, because I have only been blogging for a week. one week is not enough time to find 11 blogs that inspire me and fit the criteria of having less than 200 followers. There are so many great blogs out there, and I can’t even renominate the blog that nominated me. The following five blogs have moved me in one way or another, and I look forward to seeing what they bring to our futures.